Saudi Arabia Country Report
Between a long-term vision and short-term oil-fueled growth
- Strong oil prices, market leadership, and liquidity buffers boost Saudi Arabia's short-term growth.
- The global surge in commodity prices following the Ukraine war benefits Saudi Arabia's economy.
- Energy-related supply chain disruptions and reduced activities at Chinese ports neutralize inflation for net energy exporters like Saudi Arabia.
- Despite heavy reliance on grain imports, Saudi Arabia has found alternative options due to ample purchasing power.
- The current environment provides economic opportunities for Saudi Arabia, such as increasing fuel shipments to crisis-hit European countries.
- Saudi Arabia remains a significant crude oil supplier for Japan and has also sold record volumes of blue ammonia.