We aim to act for impact
Allianz Trade is deeply committed to its role in the Net Zero transition. It’s our responsibility to act and to advocate for our industry’s transition. We will achieve this by leading by example in our own operations, by integrating ESG in our decisions, processes and governance, by supporting our customers in decarbonizing their transactions and business models, and by providing them with sustainable insurance solutions.
Fostering sustainability in our industry is part of our continued promise – to give confidence in a better tomorrow.
First, because we believe that companies that operate sustainably develop their resilience.
Second, because as an insurer, we have the ability to detect new vulnerabilities and new ESG risk factors that could affect our clients across their value chains.
Third, as a global trade enabler, we support the economy’s transition to Net Zero by 2050 within a 1.5°C trajectory by integrating ESG in our day-to-day business, from underwriting to new solutions.
Putting sustainability at the heart of our business and operations
We have implemented an overarching strategy, central to our business and aligned with the approach of our parent company, Allianz SE.
Fully integrating sustainability in our global strategy, business, and day-to day operations through a five-point roadmap
- We have planned a greenhouse gas emission reduction of -65% as an ambitious interim 2030 target
- Integrate ESG into business decisions and processes, and strengthen sustainability governance
- Produce a Sustainable Solutions framework to serve our clients and brokers
- Steer the decarbonization of our portfolio by integrating sustainability in our risk assessment and commercial underwriting processes, and by supporting the development of renewable energies and low-carbon technologies
- Lead the sustainability agenda in our industry
Prioritizing UN Sustainable Development Goals: SDG 8, 13 and 17
We support the Allianz Group’s alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Given our size and presence in global markets, we are a key player in leading the transition to a Net Zero economy, contributing to the UN SDG 13 - Climate Action.
- At Allianz Trade, we support economies and companies in times of volatile market dynamics by securing their payments and helping them avoid bad debt. Thereby we directly contribute to UN SDG 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth.
- Engaging in partnerships, from CSR actions to skills transfer, is a cornerstone of Allianz Trade’s ESG approach and the third focus of the Allianz Group’s sustainability strategy for UN SDG 17 - Partnerships for the Goals.
Florence Lecoutre, Member of the Board of Management:
“Climate change, and society’s response, is revealing new dynamics, new regulation, new risks and new standards, and every company has to rise to the challenge. They are impacting our role as insurer, employer and corporate citizen.
With our plan, we want to create more virtuous cycles and foster more sustainable growth.
We are dedicating all our energy and efforts towards our sustainability targets and contributing to the spread of a sustainability-focused mindset in the financial services sector. We are aware of our responsibility towards our employees, society, and our clients, and we combine it with our people, passion, and commitment to helping companies grow securely.”